Bloxham CE Primary School is committed to working closely and in harmony with its community and celebrating the diversity of the UK. We aim to prepare children for life in modern Britain and to ensure that our school ethos, curriculum, and approaches to teaching and learning reflect and promote British values.
We recognise that these values are not exclusive to being British and that they have come to be accepted throughout the democratic world as the method of creating an orderly society in which individual members can feel safe, valued, and can contribute to for the good of themselves and others.
We work alongside our local community and recognise the variety of religious beliefs within it. We take children outside the school to take part in local events and meet different members of the community to appreciate the valuable contributions they make.
We take opportunities to:
- Acknowledge, celebrate, and commemorate national events and anniversaries related to key events in Britain’s past.
- Join in with international sporting events and find out more about the countries that host them.
- Support charities that are selected by the children and arrange fundraising events.
- Invite members of the local community to our school events.
We understand the role that our school has in helping prevent radicalisation and supporting our children in developing a world view recognising Britain’s place within it.
The four British values are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those with Different Faiths and Beliefs.